What are the benefits of Dental Bridges?
A fixed dental bridge will literally “bridge” the gap created by one or more missing teeth. A bridge is made up of two crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap (called abutment) and a false tooth/teeth (called pontic) in between. Dental bridges can be supported by natural teeth or dental implants.
What are some benefits of a Dental Bridge?
- Restores your smile by supporting your lips and cheek
- Restores your ability to properly chew and speak
- Distributes the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevents remaining teeth from shifting out of position
- Costs less than a dental implant
How is a Bridge made?
During your first visit we will prepare the abutment teeth, take an impression and make you a temporary bridge to wear to protect your teeth while the bridge is being fabricated by one of our highly skilled dental laboratories. In 7-10 days you will return to our office where we will check the fit and bite of the bridge before it is permanently cemented.